Truths about good programmers:
0. They know the difference between writing it ‘quickly’ and writing it ‘right’
1. They know that the ability to do both is necessary.
2. They know that when writing it quickly, if you have to stop and think about something, think about the data storage schema, not the code.
3. They know that other programmers go through the same stuff, so stop complaining.
4. “Proof of concept” code tends to turn into production code, so don’t show it to marketing unless you’re ready.