As far as I can tell, there’s not much in the lane of check style hooks for Mercurial.
There’s a lot of hits for git and SVN, but not much for Mercurial.
Check it out in my ‘hg-checkstyle-hook‘ bitbucket repo.
I thought I’d share my (imperfect) rendition of a Mercurial checkstyle hook. It’s meant to be setup for a pretxnchangegroup event.
Basically it does this:
- Find what files have changed from the beginning of the changegroup to the tip
- Copy those files to a staging directory in /tmp
- Run PHPCS ( PHP_CodeSniffer, a PHP checkstyle command) on those files specifically
- Provide a report on any violations resulting in a non 0 exit code.
- The script should be configurable for any checkstyle command, as long as it takes a space delimited list of files at the end of it’s arguments.